Saturday 1 November 2014

Eva Marie Saint

One of my favourite things about Classic Movies is discovering 'new' actresses and actors. I love reading about their lives, and then making my way through their filmography.
Of late I have been enjoying learning more about the wonderful, talented Eva Marie Saint.





She is best known for her Academy Award winning performance in On the Waterfront (1954) with Marlon Brando, and her role opposite Cary Grant in the Hitchcock classic, North by Northwest (1959). Despite her success as an actress Saint is relatively unknown today, and I think under appreciated.

Saint has played a myriad of characters, amongst others, the mysterious femme fatale, passionate career woman and the girl next door.
She starred with some of the most famous actors of the day including, Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, Cary Grant, Gregory Peck and Montgomery Clift, yet she was more than capable of holding her own, creating memorable, strong female characters.


So far I have seen On the Waterfront, North by Northwest, Exodus and Grand Prix, of her films. If anybody has any more recommendations I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting-please keep comments friendly and polite :)